I'm sure everyone in the state of Georgia knows that it snowed on Christmas and that it was the first time since 1881...serioulsy 130 years ago! It was so beautiful and the only thing that could have made it more perfect would have been Sam sitting beside me on our "White Christmas." After seven years of dating and now a wedding in the near future, Sam and I have never spent a Christmas together. I CANNOT WAIT until next year when we get to visit all of our families TOGETHER! However, I was definitely the lucky one this year, getting to see snow on Christmas in Georgia while Sam was in the 64 degree Florida sun. Here are a few pictures from Georgia and some from Florida. What a difference...
 |
| Christmas at my Mom's house. |
 |
| Driving to Suches, GA. |
 |
| My Daddy and I at the Appalachian Trail. |
 |
Sam's Mom, Sister, Grandma and Aunts.
Yes..those are oranges growing in the sunny weather. |
Hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas! Here is a simple receipe for Hot Mulled Wine to warm all your hearts!
1 1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 lemon, sliced
3 sticks cinnamon
3 whole cloves
1 large bottle red wine
nutmeg
Combine the boiling water, sugar, lemon, cinnamon and cloves. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Add wine; simmer for 20 minutes. (DO NOT BOIL) Strain. Serve hot with a sprinkle of nutmeg. Enjoy!
Great pictures, Ashley! Love the difference in weather! We were right in between those extremes here in South GA. We had snow, but it didn't stick :( Glad you had a very blessed and merry Christmas! xoxo
ReplyDelete