Monday, December 6, 2010

Southern My Way

Being a provisional member in the Junior League of Athens I have come across some lovely gift ideas for Christmas. A couple weeks ago (after searching all the book stores) I finally found the new Gena Knox Cookbook, Southern My Way, at Heery's Too in Athens. Gena Knox had a book signing at Marketplace so I got all the ladies in our family a signed copy...and of course one for myself!


Sam and I went through the cookbook and decided on seven recipes that we would cook this week. (Yes, we are getting OLD!) Last night we made the Sunday Roast with Brussel Sprouts and it was AMAZING!

"I've modernized some of the ingredients - none of the recipes start with two sticks of butter, except for a few of the desserts," Knox said. "I try to put a fresher, lighter spin on Southern recipes and streamline them for our busy lives."

I definitely suggest buying this cookbook for anyone who loves to cook southern food. Don't get me wrong, I love Paula Deen, but it sure is nice to have recipes that call for "Light Mayo."

No comments:

Post a Comment