Friday, December 17, 2010

Southern Update

Sam and I had a very interesting week trying our 7 meals from the Cookbook Southern My Way. Most nights I forgot to snap photos but I did get a few of our tasty meals. So far, Sam's favorite meal is the Sunday Roast and he has requested it again this week. (He wants me to literally cook it every Sunday...what have I started?) Here are before and after shots of the Balsamic Roasted Chicken...



Here are the before and after shots of the Vidalia Onion Soup...I used Mini Le Creuset Cocotte's. They are adorable for soups and desserts. The Mini-Cocotte's and the Cookbook can be found here.




And this is what TRITON and BEAR were doing while I was slaving away in the kitchen...WHO AM I KIDDING?? I love to cook because it's an excuse to drink lots of wine while the food cooks!! ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful and encouraging words on my blog. I am feeling much better today. I have been meaning to comment on your blog-it's so cute! Welcome to the blog world! Your food looks delicious! I am so happy for you and Sam!! Marriage is awesome :) We need to get together some time when I am in Athens. I have a Dr's. appointment up there the day after our JLA meeting in January-so we'll see how that goes. Can't wait to read more of your posts! Hope y'all have a wonderfully blessed weekend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete