Monday, January 23, 2012

January Happenings

I haven't blogged in a couple weeks because we have been so busy. Our 2012 is filling up fast and we are looking forward to all the events in the coming months. Lately, we have been attending baby showers, birthday dinners, and of course watching A LOT of football.
Here are some pics from our January!

Caroline's Baby Shower

Sam sent me flowers at work...I was completely surprised.

Gift Idea: Bottle of wine, kitchen towel, & earrings.

Celebrating Birthdays. Happy 27th Lee!

Crunchy Chicken Casserole


One day I was craving water chestnuts. I remembered my mother use to make a casserole with water chestnuts so I called her for the recipe. It was easy to make and just as delicious as I remember.

Crunchy Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 cup diced celery
1 cup cooked rice (I used brown rice)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup light mayo
1 cup sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2/3 cup shredded cheese (optional)
Paprika (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except cheese and paprika until well blended. Place in 2 quart casserole dish and bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Garnish with cheese and/or paprika for the last 10 minutes of baking time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment