I couldn't stay long as my day included 3 events already. After the shower, Sam and I met some of his Law School friends at Sweetwater 420 Fest in Candler Park. It was a quick outing with good music and food before we had to head out again to get ready for the Barrister's Ball.
That evening we met some more Law School friends for the 2012 Barrister's Ball at the GA Aquarium. I haven't been to the aquarium in a couple of years and I forgot how beautiful everything is...the fish, sharks, whales...we loved it. One of the beluga whales, Maris, is pregnant and suppose to give birth by June. Check out this article.
***UPDATE*** After I wrote this post, I found out that Maris did give birth to her calf Friday at the GA Aquarium. Read the article here.
Some great friends got together at the Junior League of Hall County May Dinner. The dinner was Derby Days themed and it was so fun to see all the different hats. Of course, our friend Caroline, in the big purple hat, won best hat! Amazing.
My Mother-in-law came into to town for a quick visit to look at houses. She put her house in Florida on the market and has had several offers. Currently there is a pending contract but Take a look. We are glad she is finally moving to Georgia!! For Mother's Day, Sam and I got her a subscription to Southern Living. It's a must for all Georgia Ladies.
Last weekend, Sam and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. We ventured to Tennessee to go camping at Fall Creek Falls State Park. We wanted to go somewhere different and the waterfalls in the plateaus seemed really interesting. We hiked to all 6 waterfalls and some overlooks with amazing views. We also toured Cumberland Caverns for a little spelunking adventure. Caving was something Sam and I have never done and it was so awesome. There were waterfalls inside the caves, formations and crystals that the camera didn't do justice, tight squeezes, and lots and lots of mud.
![]() |
| Fall Creek Falls Overlook |
![]() |
| Fall Creek Falls - I'm standing at the bottom. |
![]() |
| Cane Creek Falls |
![]() |
| Caving Entrance |
![]() |
| Overlook at Buzzards Roost |












No comments:
Post a Comment