Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their St. Patty's day! I wish I was down on River Street in Savannah partying with these people....


But instead I am sitting at my office thinking about what I'm going to cook for dinner. Maybe I will cook something festive like Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Ingredients:
3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
10 small red potatoes
5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
1 large head of cabbage, cut into small wedges

Directions:
Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet. cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the veggies are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.
Place veggies in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.


This is St. Patty's Day in 2007. We all partied at The Summit and drank green beer. Good Times!


This is the same year in 2007. Look how long Sam's hair was!


Hope everyone has one LUCKY day. It is beautiful outside and the week is almost over. Can't wait for our Couples Shower this weekend and to spend time with our friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment