I have been so busy with work and running errands that I have not had any free time to blog. I seriously don't have 5 extra minutes on my lunch breaks to upload pictures. However, this morning I decided to go ahead and do one post with everything that I have accomplished in the past 2 weeks! I don't want to get too far behind!
Chelsey and Kyle Potts welcomed Miss Kathryn Paige Potts into the world Friday February 25, 2011. I got to meet Katy Paige that evening. She was so adorable and I swear my mouth was open the entire time. She was just so little and beautiful!
We had our wedding food tasting last Saturday and it was amazing! We brought in some Terrapin beer and had a wonderful lunch. Sam had to work at the Law Firm so Sarah joined me in Madison. I was so stuffed when we got back to Athens that I ended up taking a nap.
I did a little shopping on my lunch break one day and found this rug at Tuesday Morning. I absolutely LOVE that place. It was originally $84.00 on sale for $24.00. It has a new home right by the front door.
I went to Jefferson last week to help cook for Chelsey and of course see Miss Katy Paige. She is still as sweet and beautiful as when I first met her. I brought a congealed salad and it turned out pretty good.
Diet Dr Pepper Congealed Salad
I can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
1/2 cup water
2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filing
3/4 cup diet Dr Pepper
Drain Pineapple, reserving the juice. Set aside. In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice and water to a boil. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Stir in Dr Pepper (it will start to foam, that's OK). Stir in cherry pie filing. Stir in pineapple. Pour into lightly greased mold or serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm. Serve cold.
I had my first shower this past Saturday in Clarkesville, Georgia. It was a recipe shower. I had such a wonderful time and received so many great gifts. Sam and I cannot wait to start cooking all the recipes. Thank you to everyone who came!!
We then headed to Cumming to Chase and Ali Green's home for Trevor and Jennifer's Stock the Bar shower. We had such a good time and the food was delicious. Ali made homemade lasagna and I think I'm going to have to get the recipe from her. Yum!
And then we headed to Canton for Katie Blevins' Birthday! Yes we had 3 events in one day. I am still tired. We met everyone at Downtown Kitchen and the food looked amazing. We then headed to Sidelines where we enjoyed some live music before heading back to Katie and Austin's house. Happy Birthday Mrs. Blevins!!
We have been so busy the past 2 weeks and we still have many more showers, birthdays and events in the weeks ahead. Happy Monday and enjoy your week!






No comments:
Post a Comment