Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Feature

Chicken Salad is a staple of Southern Cuisine. There are so many variations and I definitely have my favorites...Green's Grocery, Marti's at Midday, Lumpkin Cafe and sadly 5 Points Deli (they recently closed their doors). As we all know the better the mayo, the better the chicken salad. In this post I featured the cookbook Southern My Way by Gena Knox. I finally got around to making her Tarragon Chicken Salad and not only was it delicious, it's HEALTHY!

Ingredients:
3 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 c. chopped Celery
3 tbsp. chopped and toasted Pecans
1/4 c. Light Mayo
1/4 c. Plain Yogurt
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
3 tbsp. fresh Tarragon, roughly chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken on parchment-lined baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with S & P. Bake for 35 minutes. I boiled my chicken and it worked just as well. Once the chicken is cooled, remove meat and chop into chunks. You should have about 3 cups.
In a large bowl, combine mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, and tarragon.
Add in the chicken, celery, and toasted pecans. Combine well and season with S & P. I had more than 3 cups of chicken so I added more yogurt and mustard. I also love celery and pecans so I added more of those as well. ENJOY! 


And look what was on my desk this morning. I love this time of year. I bet you can't guess which cookie is my Favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment