Thursday, April 21, 2011

Porch Garden

I finally got around to planting our garden yesterday. The veggies and herbs will be here soon. I cannot wait to have a HUGE garden one day but Sam and I make the most of our little porch garden.
Here is the before picture... 
  Here is my little helper! 
And the completed garden! I know it's small but hey there are only 3 of us and Triton doesn't really like veggies or herbs! 
  • Tomato's
  • Sweet Banana Peppers
  • Mint
  • Cayenne Peppers
  • Jalapeno Peppers
  • Sweet Basil
  • Thyme
  • Cilantro
  • Rosemary
And with our MINT we will definitely be making some Mojitos this summer! Here is a great "LOW-CAL" recipe. 

Ingredients:
1.5 oz. Bacardi Rum
12 fresh mint leaves
1/2 lime; squeezed
7 ox sprite zero or club soda
2 tbsp. Splenda

Directions:
In a cold tall glass, muddle the mint, Splenda and lime juice. Add crushed ice. Add in the Rum and soda. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedges and a few sprigs of mint. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment