Monday, July 11, 2011

Marti's At Midday Pimento Cheese

"If I am ever famous please let it be for my pimento cheese!" -Marti

Marti's At Midday has been an Athens staple ever since I was in college. It is amazing! I love everything on their menu....salads, cookies, mint tea....YUM! I always make her pimento cheese when gathering with friends and it is always a hit. I don't know if it is my friends that eat it all or ME!! Over 4th of July weekend, we headed to the lake and of course I brought some pimento cheese. The ingredients and directions can be found here. Also, if you are ever in Athens for breakfast or lunch, Marti's is a MUST TRY!!
Grate 6 cups sharp white cheddar cheese. I used Cracker Barrel cheese.

Mix grated vidalia onion, pimentos and cayenne.

Add in cream cheese and mayo.

Stir together until smooth and incorporated.

Add into the cheddar cheese mixture and combine.
The pimento cheese will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!! But I don't think it will last past one day, especially in my hands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment