I know I have been MIA for over a week now but trying to move into a new house after living in the same place for the last 5 years has been extremely time consuming. But we're finally in and I can't wait to share all the decorating tips and ideas as we try and make our rental house a home...at least while Sam is in law school for the next three years.
My first purchase when I realized we were moving into a 3 bedroom house with only 2 bedroom suits was from Craig's list. I had been searching for a couple days and then found this cute bed and matching desk. It needed some work but when I saw the location and the price I called the seller right away. She wanted $40.00 and she was located literally 3 miles from Sam's office. SOLD!
It was one crazy story going to some strangers house buying something off Craig's list. All I could think about was the "Craig's List Killer." I pinged my location on my phone and sent it to Sam. I told him to call me in 5 minutes and if I didn't answer to call the police and come get me. Thankfully, the family was really nice and everything worked out.
We used paint thinner on all the old paint and started sanding the furniture.
I hope to get a chance to work on the desk and bed this weekend. And I can't wait to show the finished product and guest bedroom. We are using dark walnut stain and a medium gloss poly. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment