A couple months ago I posted pictures of the garden at the farm...well, every veggie you can imagine is ready to EAT! This past weekend, after a cook-out at The Blevins in Canton, we headed to the farm to make salsa. It is probably the highlight of Sam's summer!
We Sam makes ton's of salsa and we get to enjoy it throughout the next year. We seriously ran out of our last jar just last month. Unfortunately, I cannot give out the recipe because it is a secret...even I don't know all the ingredients. I know it has tomato's, bell peppers, banana peppers, vidalia onions, habanero peppers, jalapenos, cilantro and many more little ingredients.
 |
Sam bought goggles because he said the onions burn his eyes so bad.
He didn't want to spend $15.00 on adult ones
so he bought child goggles for $1.50...oh mercy! |
 |
| Sam and his grandmother during the canning process. |
 |
Sam making fun of "momo" b/c she almost grabbed the hot jars
out of the water bath. |
Ready for those lids to pop!! The key is that the jars have to be hot the entire time or else they could bust or not seal right and go bad. Football season is just around the corner and we can't wait to share our salsa with our friends! GO DAWGS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment