Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Corn Flake Pork Chops

Don't ever go to Publix on a Saturday! It's a trap. I made this mistake this past Saturday. As soon as I started pushing the buggy around I started to smell the deliciousness. All the booths were cooking up a storm and there were already lines. Stuffed Brats, German Potato Salad and Corn Flake Pork Chops. I even asked the meat department where the wonderful smell was coming from...he replied "Oh Mary is cooking up some pork chops in the back. They will be ready in about 10 minutes." So I proceeded to walk around Publix until they were ready. And boy were they delicious. I picked up the recipe and bought all the ingredients.

Corn Flake Pork Chops

Ingredients:
2 cups corn flake cereal
large zip lock bag or bowl
1 large egg, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1 1/2 lbs boneless pork chops (about 4)
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 tablespoons garlic and herb butter
Parmesan cheese

Steps:
1. Place corn flakes in large zip lock bag or bowl and crush. Place egg in medium bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt.
2. Preheat large saute pan (cast iron skillet) on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Coat pork chops by dipping in egg, remove, let excess drip off and then roll in crushed corn flakes. Evenly coat pork chops.
3. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add pork chops and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cook 6-7 minutes on each side or until temperature reaches 160 F. Serve.




ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment