Last week tornado's and severe weather ripped across many parts of Alabama and Georgia. I sat anxiously watching the news all night (along with periodic phone calls from my Mother). I was thankful that Athens was spared. I woke up to my co-worker from our Madison office calling me at 6:00 A.M. She said I would probably need to head to Madison because she had heard from her neighbors that our part of town had been hit by an F-1 tornado...WHAT? I didn't even think the weather was that bad in Madison. Much to my surprise this is what we walked into Thursday morning...
When we looked up...there was no roof. In the words of our sales rep, "that's one big skylight."
Sam called me that morning as well to let me know that Lake Burton had also been hit by an F-3 tornado. Here is a pciture from the lake and a video clip of the damage.
![]() |
| Photo courtesy of A.Dalton |
It is so sad to see all the damage and to know that a lot of people lost their lives. It makes you realize how fast things can be taken away from you.

No comments:
Post a Comment