I have had my eyes on this sofa since I was a little girl. It belonged to my grandparents and back in the 70's they decided to "upgrade" the sofa in the living room. So, they sat this Duncan Phyfe sofa on the street for anyone to take for free. Crazy, right? My Dad decided to scoop it up and and it has been in storage for over a decade.
Now that Sam and I have our first home, I thought it was time to reupholster the sofa. I was recommended a guy here in Gainesville and his work is amazing. The hardest part of the whole process was trying to find the fabric. I searched and searched, carried around cushions with me to fabric stores and eventually called our sellers. She had a similar chair recovered and the fabric was just what I was looking for. And thankfully she still had the invoice with all the details. After the fabric arrived, I dropped it off on a Thursday and our sofa was ready the following Tuesday. Talk about hard work and an amazing turn-around. We even had to have new cushions made that would be more comfortable. We are so pleased and cant wait to finish the living area completely.
 |
| Sofa Before... |
 |
| Sofa During... |
 |
| Sofa During... |
 |
| Sofa After! We love it! |
 |
| A glimpse at our living area. We still have so much decorating to do. And our print and plates need to be moved down a couple inches. |
 |
| We love the detailing with double welt trim. |
.JPG) |
| I also went with single welting down the sofa that line up with the cushions. |
We used Lonnie Jones here in the Gainesville, Georgia area and we highly recommend his work. He was so polite, gave good options and his work is impeccable. He can be reached 770-823-2614. We have plenty more before & afters in the future. Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment