Friday, October 12, 2012

Scott's Antique Market

Scott's is a dangerous place, especially when you are trying to decorate not only your home but helping someone else too. There were so many items I wanted to come home with from rugs, to pillows and all sorts of decor pieces. Here are a few picks from the day and some items we both came home with.
 
My Mother-in-law bought a set of these ikat print pillows. They match perfectly with her new rug.
 

She also bought this amazing burnt orange and tan rug. When you stand on different sides it looks different colors from the weaving alignment. 


I loved these pieces of wall art.
 

 
I loved these 2 shabby chic lamps and dresser but I did not love the price tag.
 


We are searching for a piece of decorative wood or something similar to go above our headboard. I saw this and really liked it. Maybe next trip I will purchase something similar.
 


I loved the fabric on this chair. The guy kept trying to sell it to me. I don't think he understood I was only taking pictures of the fabric and definitely not wanting to purchase the chair for $600 big ones.  
 

 
I came home with a set of these lovely gold plates. Haven't found a place for them yet but they will be hanging on the wall soon.
 

Here is the decor at the end of our upstairs hallway. I purchased the 2 brass candlesticks for a steal along with the vase that the dried hydrangeas are in. Both for less than $20.00.
 


Last but not least, I also purchased these decor pieces and hung them on a small wall next to the front hallway. I love the gold mirror and small dessert plates.
 


I think my Mother-in-law and I both made out with some good finds. Of course next time we will be more prepared and know what we are looking for and how to better negotiate the prices. Can't wait for our next visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment